Saturday, June 12, 2010

Are people who smoke cigarettes insane?

I have wondered if people who smoke have something mentally wrong with them. It's hard for me to understand why someone would voluntarily do something that's so detrimental to their health. Are cigarette smokers in their right mind? If they don't know that it is really bad for their health, do they even know how disgusting it is for the rest of us or do they just not care? Do they know how harmful it is to the people around them? To me, smoking cigarettes seems like behavior I would expect from an insane person. I've heard enough information about the effects of smoking and I've seen enough people die from cancer to realize that smoking cigarettes it not only something that should be unacceptable to people but should also be illegal. Unfortunately, the FDA isn't as interested in the health of the people in this country as it should be. Also, I doubt President Obama is seriously concerned about healthcare costs and the health of the people of the United States if he is not going to propose or promote a ban on cigarettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment